July 7, 2011

Mittens in July....

Do you have a project wish list?  That list of one (or two, or three…) project(s) that elude us for either lack of time, lack of skill, lack of yarn funds ...or all of the above!  Can I share my "I wish I could...." with you?  Here goes…
 "Bird in Hand" is my first wish item by Kate Gilbert and it can be found at http://www.kategilbert.com.  Aren’t they to die for! I’m absolutely entranced by the little bird on each thumb and the rich deep colors.  Yes, this is way beyond my skill level…for now anyway.  I can dream though and hope that these mittens will slip onto my cold hands one winter day and I’ll think out loud…“I did it”!  You can also check these out at my favorite blog Little Cotton Rabbits here.  Julie you inspire me!  

 So is it strange to covet mittens in July when the temps are in the 90’s and I don’t even remember where I put my mittens from this past winter?
No stranger than the people I see hovering over marshmallows at a backyard fire pit for a yummy s’more in July!  Now if I have the urge to knit and make s’mores by a fire anytime soon then I might have a problem…how would I possibly eat that sticky treat and knit at the same time!



I would love to see pictures of your "wish list" items...send me a comment and we can WISH along together!  Happy knitting... 

No comments: