August 19, 2012

"Newness....."

I have to ask a rather silly question....does anyone (other than me and my daughter) like to take a deep long smell of their yarn when they first buy it and bring it home?  Oh, that unmistakable scent of wool mixed with whatever else your blend of choice was combined with...rayon, silk, acrylic, bamboo, etc.  Last week Tricia and I wandered the Midwest Stitches show/market and lovingly grabbed as many skeins as we could and took big looooong sniffs!  It's as if each yarn has a distinct scent for what it will one day be...a scarf, sweater, shawl, cap....it's the best perfume I know of.

Here's a sample of just a few of the new yarn that found it's way into my already "yarn overrun" home.  Seriously, I have yarn in every room with the exception of the bathroom....but never say never!  That tall toilet paper holder just might come in handy one day....

Malabrigo...is there anything better!??  This one is called "Pollen" (and don't let the price tag deceive you...it was $12 and not $2....



Add some "Vintage Chunky"...names unknown - they only use a style number and dye lot.  We'll call them "Petal Pink" and "Mint Ice Cream" for now.....


Mix in some more Malabrigo in "Water Green" and "Blue Surf"...


                                                    and a dash of "Apple Cinnamon"....

Mix them all together....and you get ????  That's the beauty.  When I have new "fancy" (not acrylic) yarn it's like a painter with a new palette of paints just waiting to be used.  

Oh, and in case you missed the Etsy mini along the sidebar...Tricia opened her new Etsy shop last week.  Please stop by and take a peek some of the items currently for sale - this set has "Free Shipping"!  You'll always feel the ocean breeze over at Seashore Kidz.


Carol

1 comment:

Sewn With Grace said...

I just love your yarn choices! That is one of my favorite brands of yarn. Can't wait to see what you make with it!